Friday, May 20, 2011

Housewares & Sundries

I've found myselfs in possession of quite a lot of yarn.  See, if I'm honest, I'm a fiber and fabric junkie.  I love the stuff.  I love looking at it, petting it, and daydreaming about what I might make with it, if I only had the time.  I've got pounds and pounds of yarn.  Not all of it whole hanks or balls, most of it strange cast off colors and oddments that people gave to me whike cleaning out some older relatives things.  I found out that a coworker threw away a whole 50gal trash bag ~full~ of yarn, and I nearly cried! Awful!  But really, what was I going to do with all of it once I'd hoarded it?  Because at the time I was amassing this ridiculous stash of superwashes and polyfiber blends, I certainly didn't have the time to do much with it.

I find myself in need of washrags, dish towels, potholders, hotpads and other sundry housewares.  The best part?  I can knit passing fair, and like it.  I think I was born in the wrong century, honestly.  I'm playing with stitch patterns I haven't been brave enough to incorporate into larger projects but have wanted to try.  Not a bit of it matches anything at all.  There's no color coordination hapoening here, either, but I bet you won't see many other staggered fern leaf lace washrags in neon orange in the kitchens you visit! ;-)

I can't seem to make my phone cooperate in uploading pictures to a post, so I suppose I'll have to wait until I have access to a regular computer to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, ideas, advice, recipes, suggestions - I'd love to hear from you.