Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Tick --- Tock --- Tick --- Tock

Have you ever noticed that while you're waiting very, very (VERY) impatiently for something, it just takes that much longer to get here?

B actually was supposed to already be on his way home, but there were delays, so he's still there.  But! He's been debriefed, so that means that the ball is actually rolling.  I'm anxiously waiting to get my 48 hr phone explosion (They text, call, and email me all at the same time.  So my droid is going to have an aneurysm.) so I can jump in the truck and start eating up asphalt.  I've made a lot of progress on packing up.  I even had the truck partially loaded, because the last news I had would've had me on the road by now.  Just goes to show truth in old adages.  Don't count your chickens before they hatch.  Now, I either get to ride around with a load of household goods in the bed of my pick-up, or I get to unload all the stuff I loaded, because it's going to be several more days at least before I go anywhere.  I'm thinking unloaded is going to be the better option.  I have a dinner date with a friend tomorrow, and I don't really want to be over in a real town with my kitchen goods in the back of the truck.  I'd be more upset if my kitchen goods got stolen than if just about anything else managed to wander off and disappear.

Unfortunately, I've also packed up most of my yarn and fabric, too.  So I can't really do much in the way of further preparations.  I feel like I'm in a stalemate and just sitting on my thumbs.  At least I've got work to do. My sister-in-law sent me another transcript right before I got news that B would be coming home early.  I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to finish it for her before I got the word to go.  As it turns out, I've got plenty of time and might even be able to knock out one more short one before I go.

Here's to patience!  One of the virtues I seem to be lacking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, ideas, advice, recipes, suggestions - I'd love to hear from you.