Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Our Issued Kitty :-P

Li'l Bit went to the vet yesterday.  She was technically supposed to be registered within three days of bringing her on post, but it took them four days to get us an appointment.  And with only one vehicle, it took us a few days before that to get over to get the paperwork to fill out to get her the appointment in the first place.  But!  She is now registered.  She got her rabies and distemper vaccines, a fecal screening, and was microchipped.

Home Again is $17 a year ($16.99), but apparently since it's mandatory on post we don't have to pay the annual fee, just the initial cost of installation... implantation... injection?  Dear gods!  They stuck my baby with a friggin HARPOON!  It was the most monstrously massive needle I have ever seen in my LIFE!  I hurt for her, and I thought I was going to be sick watching.  I had to hold my baby down for that.  She was such a good girl.  She's always a good girl.  There was an audible *pop* when the speared her with that thing.  But now, if something happens and she gets loose, my baby will be home again in no time.

She doesn't seem to hold it against me.  She snuggled with me last night, and has been following me around this morning demanding love.  I've been telling her since yesterday what a wonderful little girl she is, and how well she behaved for the vet tech, and how much I love her.  I'm half scared to pet her down her back, though, because I don't want to accidentally hurt her.  They stuck her right between her shoulder blades.

I love this cat.  Even though I regret that it must've hurt like the devil, I'm glad she's microchipped.  I'd be awful sad and lonely if something happened to her.  She's a very good girl, and I'm proud of her.  I know if it'd been *me* they were going to stick with that thing, I'd have acted like a two year old.  *blush*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, ideas, advice, recipes, suggestions - I'd love to hear from you.