Sunday, October 16, 2011

How long can you love leftovers?

Apparently I can love leftovers for quite a while.

Remember that tomato soup that morphed into something like pizza stew and was going to become something like lasagna?   It didn't.  It became something else.

B was supposed to go to WLC (warrior leadership course or something like that), but he couldn't make weight.  So he's back on a diet.  He uses a coffee cup method.  I used to use Bento Boxes, because they're cute and fun, and I like to play with my food.  His coffee cup method is the same principle of portion control, just less entertaining.

So, I wanted something yummy I could put in a coffee cup and didn't require me to go to the store, because quite frankly we were broke, and payday wasn't until yesterday.  I still have tortillas, the leftover soup, some leftover soup beans, and that sausage-cheese-salsa dip.... hmmmm.


I dumped it all in a pot (except the tortillas), and let it simmer together for a little while.

The initial dumping looked pretty gross.


Yeah... ew.  I was sincerely hoping it would taste better than it looked.  It looked better after it all melted in together.  But the first view was a little off-putting.

Then I took the tortillas and folded them into a lightly oiled muffin tin.  I baked them at 400 until they started to brown on the edges.


I steamed some rice, then layered rice, tortilla cup, soup-stuff, rice, tortilla cup, soup-stuff.  It was good.  I have no idea what to call it.  Coffe cup lasagna?  Heck if I know, but it was most assuredly edible. lol


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, ideas, advice, recipes, suggestions - I'd love to hear from you.